Transportation

Fort Worth South

Transportation

Getting here and getting around is easy, and in the future should be even more convenient as FWSI continues to work with the City and The T to expand transportation choices. 

Car or Taxi
The Near Southside is easily accessible from DFW Airport, Dallas, and all major Texas cities via interstates I-30 and 
I-35W.   (I-30 exits: Rosedale, Forest Park, Summit/8th Ave., Henderson; I-35W exits: Allen, Rosedale)

Train
The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail line provides a convenient and hassle-free ride to the Near Southside from Dallas and the Mid-Cities. The TRE terminates at the T&P Terminal on W. Vickery Boulevard between S. Main Street and Jennings Avenue.  For TRE schedules and connecting bus routes visit The-T.com. TEX Rail is the district’s second commuter rail line, currently in the planning phases, that should connect the Near Southside to southwest Fort Worth, DFW Airport, and all areas in between by 2016.

Bus
Five major bus routes serve the Near Southside, connecting to Downtown, the Cultural District, Southeast Fort Worth, and the TCU area. Bus routes have frequent stops along major streets including Hemphill St., Rosedale Ave., Magnolia Ave., Pennsylvania Ave., 8th Ave., and S. Main St. 
Visit The-T.com to download schedules for Routes 1, 4, 5, 6, and 9.

Bicycle
The Near Southside is Fort Worth’s most bike-friendly district and easily accessible from the north, south, and east on bicycle via public streets.  (A better bike connection to the west and the Trinity Trail system will be constructed as part of the Chisholm Trail Parkway project.) FWSI is working with the City to install bike lanes and racks throughout the district in accordance with the Bike Fort Worth plan. Pedicabs from Fairmount Bike Taxi are also available for trips within the district and surrounding neighborhoods.